- Written by Winna Published: 14 September 2015
Perfect for little hands to hold makes it a great snack for toddlers. Easy and delicious too!
PREP TIME + COOK TIME
15 mins + 15 mins
What You'll Need
- 30 gr butter
- 1/2 small red onion, or 1 small onion
- 360 gr plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 250 gr cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 220 ml milk, plus 80 ml extra if the mix is too dry
- 1 egg (egg substitute=1tsp orgran no egg with 2 tbsp water)
- 130 gr baby spinach leaves, chopped
How to Make It
|Step 1|| |
Preheat oven to 170C
|Step 2|| |
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then fry the onion until cooked. Set aside.
|Step 3|| |
Put the flour, baking powder, paprika and cheese in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the milk and egg together, then slowly pour into the flour mixture and mix with wooden spoon until all the ingredients are well mixed.
|Step 4|| |
Stir in the onion and spinach with a wooden spoon until evenly dispersed.
|Step 5|| |
Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until two-thirds full and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until deep golden and the sponge bounces back when touched. A skewer inserted in the center should come out clean.
|Step 6|| |
Leave the muffins to cool slightly in the tray before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cook completely. Best served warm.