- Written by Winna Published: 14 September 2015
Lunchtime could be tricky at times. Andi and I usually opt for sandwiches, but when we had it too often too much it makes us less excited about lunch. So sometimes, I made something different, like this DIY Instant pot noodles in a jar. As long as the ingredients prepared the night before and stored nicely in a jar, then it's just as easy as 1, 2, 3 to get lunch ready in minutes the next day.
This pot noodle is also versatile that you can mix and match different veggies, or even add shredded roast chicken for that protein boost.
PREP TIME + COOK TIME
15 mins + 10 mins
What You'll Need
- 1 baby carrot, grated or thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 boiled egg, cut into quarters
- a small bundle of rice vermicelli, cooked in hot water for a couple of minutes
- a handful of baby spinach leaves
- a pinch of salt
- 1tbsp of dashi miso paste
- water/homemade chicken stock
How to Make It
|Step 1|| |
Assemble the noodles and veggies and the boiled egg in a jar.
|Step 2|| |
The next day, heat up the chicken stock and stir in the miso paste. Boil then simmer for a few minutes. Then pour into the jar.
|Step 3|| |
Close the jar and let the hot broth infuse into the vegies, noodles and the egg.
|Step 4|| |
Open and enjoy!